Monday 22 December 2008

3 Sleeps 'Til Christmas!!

YAY!
Only 3 sleeps to go!

Today has been quite good :)
I met up with an old friend from school - Grace - and we went to a cafe to chat, then our other friend - Claire, and her boyfriend - came to join us. It was really nice to see them again. I was really nervous about it because I don't think i've seen Grace in about 7 years? And the last time I saw Claire I was very drunk and probably made a complete arse of myself...the fact that I remember going back to my sisters house and throwing up down the side of the bed not long after seeing her makes me think I definately did something embarrassing.

I think I realised how much of a loser I am hah. I can't drive, I don't have a job, I don't have any proper friends who live local...just Lizzy who I see maybe twice a year? So yeah, I have like, nothing going for me. (Y).

I went shopping for a few bits and pieces after that which was a complete nightmare. Every shop was packed. But I made it home eventually and spent the afternoon baking with my mum. We made about 160 chocolate chip shortbread biscuits! We put them in little cellophane bags and tied them with green ribbon, then attatched the Christmas tags I made (ALL BY MYSELF!!). I made chocolate truffles too which were quite successful...nothing like my many previous attempts! I put some in cellophane bags to give as little presents and the rest I put in petit four cake cases (those little ones...) and put in a box in the fridge for my auntie and uncle to scoff when they come over on Boxing Day :)

On Christmas Eve i'm going to make cookies and mince pies with my neice :) It'll be nice cos she'll be able to leave one out with some milk for Santa and the magic hay for Rudolph! (What happened to just giving him carrots??) I hope she'll be as excited as I am though.

And now i'm very jealous about something which is making things very awkward. Go me!

Peace.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment